Here are some useful TV and telecoms resources focussing on Ireland:
- COMREG, the Irish telecomms, TV, radio and postal regulator, publishes a number of useful documents. One can subscribe to COMREG’s newsletter here.
- Comreg publish a comprehensive quarterly report on the telecomms market, containing useful market statistics. Here is one edition.
- OFCOM, the UK TV and telecoms regulator occassionally publishes international reports containing Irish statistics. Here is their international report for 2012. In addition, OFCOM publishes Northern Irish telecomms data.
- The International Telecoms Union (ITU) has a wealth of statistics on telecomms worldwide.
- The Broadband Commission, set up by the ITU and UNESCO, has some useful reports on (you guessed it) broadband.
- The GSM Association has an excellent statistics site ‘GSM Intelligence‘.
- The Irish Internet Association occasionally publishes useful statistics. Their resources page is here.
- Ireland’s Telecoms and Internet Federation (tif.ie)is the Irish industry and interest groups’ representative body.
- The Irish Cellular Industry Association (ICIA) is affiliated to the TIF. Its own website (http://www.tif.ie/icia) is down at the time of writing (October 2013) but an IBEC page on the ICIA contains links to some publications.
- Ireland Offline is a voluntary group campaigning for universal high-speed broadband in Ireland.
- Phonesmart is a good resource for Irish premium rate services
- This dissertation by a DIT student contains lots of interesting information on the growth of mobile phone usage in Ireland. The title is ‘The Unprecedented Assimilation of Mobile Telephony in Ireland- a Phenomenon of the Celtic Tiger Era or a Result of Cultural Traits?’. The author is Andreas Scheibelhut. Contains much detailed analysis. Disclaimer: I helped Andreas with his research, a while back.
- The Linkedin group ‘Mobile telecoms Ireland‘ which I set up sometimes contains useful content. Much of the content on this blog is posted there.
- There is a Linkedin group called ‘Telecoms in Ireland‘ but at time of writing (September 2013) it contains little of interest and is somewhat polluted by spam.
- This blog http://theagreeddenariusblog.wordpress.com/ by a former Eircell colleague of mine contains some interesting articles on Irish mobile telecoms.
- This blog http://blogs.strategyanalytics.com/MMD/ by tech consultancy Strategy Analytics contains some interesting entries.
Suggestions of additional resources are very welcome.